Kathy Bloodworth graduated with honors from the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Prior to starting her own firm, she worked in the city for a boutique design studio specializing in small hospitality projects and historic restoration. She was a principal and co-founder of Interior Concepts, a design partnership involved in both residential and commercial interiors. And most recently she worked as a Senior Designer at a prestigious San Francisco firm where her focus was on high-end residences.
Kathy’s experience spans both commercial and residential projects, and her prior career in advertising print production and her extensive study of fine arts and photography gives her an excellent eye toward silhouette, color, composition, balance and lighting. She has participated in both the San Francisco Designer Showcase and the Marin Designer Showcase. Her work has been published in Better Homes and Gardens Bed and Bath Magazine, the San Francisco Chronicle and the Marin Independent Journal. She is an allied member of A.S.I.D.
Kathy’s philosophy is that good design should be accessible and believes that a harmonious, functional and well-designed environment contributes to one’s well-being on a daily basis. She truly enjoys the collaborative process and believes that the goal of a designer is to draw out what her clients love, and infused with her touch, create spaces that reflect their personality and lifestyle. Her inspiration comes from many places… distant cultures, the many textures and forms found in nature or things her clients own and treasure.
By also staying involved in photography as a creative endeavor, Kathy continues to sharpen her visual senses. She finds that each pursuit enhances and informs the other and keeps her insights fresh.
• Space planning & furniture placement for new construction or remodeling
• Kitchen and bath design for new construction or remodeling
• Relationships with specialty trades for full service project development,
implementation and management
• Creation of color palette & paint selection
• Selection and specification of furniture and fabrics
• Custom furniture design and fabrication
• Selection and specification of flooring materials & area rugs
• Custom rug design
• Selection and specification of tile, stone and other hard surface materials
• Selection and specification of interior and exterior decorative lighting
• Custom window treatments and fabrication
• Working knowledge of antiques
• Knowledge of showrooms and specialty sources
• Selection and placement of site appropriate art and accessories
• Drafting capabilities
• Quick sketch studies and rendering